Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 10: I need cooking advice!

Ok so today I love Morgan because he motivates me to cook...as crazy as it sounds! I've never enjoyed cooking, I'd rather do laundry or clean the bathroom than be in the kitchen. This is partly because I have no practice but also because I tend to ruin anything I try to make without adult supervision. I do love cooking with Morgan; I think it's more fun that way. But for Valentine's day I've decided that since Morgan is impossible to buy presents for (not because there's nothing he wants but because it's all out of our price range), I'm going to make him a really nice, candel-lit dinner. He'd never expect it so it'll be a great surprise! But I do need advice...I've never done a nice dinner like this and I know it sounds cheesy but I want it to be really pretty. So I found a couple chicken recipes that sound yummy, but I can't decide which one, A: sounds better, and B: would be easier to make :) so here they are...


This is Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce



and here's the link for the recipe if you're interested:
http://www.cookinglight.com/entertaining/menus-for-entertaining/healthy-elegant-chicken-dinner-recipes-00400000052808/page6.html

OR Elegant Strawberry Chicken
I couldn't find a picture for this recipe but it has strawberries and pears so it sounds really pretty but is that too weird?
here's the link for this one:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1839,154179-252192,00.html

Anyway so if you have an opinion or a better recipe, I'd appreciate any help I can get!

3 comments:

  1. I'd say the first chicken recipe, or I love to make cheese smothered steak, its super easy and way yummy! Message me on facebook if you want the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say the first one as well. I think Morg would like it best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say the first one as well. I just don't like fruity meat though ha ha You are such a good, cute and sweet wife :)
    I had an idea..is only we lived closer ha ha
    You can do our laundry and I will cook our food! Then we both could avoid the house chore we don't like!

    ReplyDelete